Dance Alive Studios is committed to making high-quality dance training accessible and affordable. We facilitate many different regularly occurring fundraising activities throughout the season so there are lots of opportunities to support our dancers! Raised money can go to a specific dancer or to the whole studio, and will be used for costumes, competition fees, exam fees, performance costs, and anything else the dancers may need. All proceeds go directly to benefit our dancers.
Gift Cards through FundScrip
FundScrip allows us to generate funds from you buying gift cards AT COST and using them for your usual groceries, fuel, dinners out, and more! Check out the invitation letter below for more info:
We have periodic orders throughout the season so you can keep supporting your dance funds with normal spending habits. The current upcoming order has a deadline of:
Saturday, February 15, 2020
HOW IT WORKS:
- Follow the link below to the online Gift Card Order Form (available on all devices)
- Choose the desired amounts from your favourite stores
- Submit the form – Dance Alive Studios will take a few days to get back to you with an order summary (depending on how close the deadline is)
- Read the order summary, and email confirmation to DAS as well as payment in the amount quoted
- Wait for your gift cards to arrive!
We will try to submit an order every 2-3 months. If you would like to submit an order more frequently, please just contact us and let us know! Paper order forms can also be arranged to hand out in offices, homes, parties, etc. Help us spread the word!
Usborne Books at Home
Usborne books are from the UK but are sold through mostly direct sales here in Canada. A few titles are available in stores through other retail stores at a discount but DAS member Donna Dubé has access to the entire inventory of over 2000 titles. There are baby and young children interactive books (touchy-feely, sound, lift the flap, fold out) as well as more advanced readers, phonetic books, graphic novels, and illustrated classics. Beyond that, there are sticker books, “wipe-clean” workbooks with dry erase pens, crafts, puzzle books, search and find, science experiments, intros to other languages and more! There are so many options to choose from and they make great gifts for friends or excellent additions for your personal library at home.
All orders will go through Donna and she has graciously agreed to donate back 15% of the proceeds for fundraising! This is an ongoing fundraising opportunity, so feel free to contact Donna at any time. She can be reached on Facebook where you can also find her Usborne page Drop Everything and Read with Donna:
You can also contact her via email or phone. Check out the flyer below for more information on Donna’s involvement with Usborne Books and her contact info!
Purdy’s Seasonal Chocolate Orders
Dance Alive does TWO Purdy’s Season Chocolate orders per year:
Purdy’s Christmas Chocolate Order
- Deadline: November 25. 2019
- Minimum group order: $1000 before tax
- Arrives by December 15, 2019
Purdy’s Easter Chocolate Order
- Deadline: March 25. 2020
- Minimum group order: $500 before tax
- Arrives by April 8, 2020
This chocolate is DELICIOUS and we get 25% of the profits. Online ordering will be available within one month of the stated deadline.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Follow the link below to the ordering website for the upcoming seasonal order.
- Create an account with your email address and password
- Browse the online shop and select all the goodies you want
- Checkout and pay online for your order with a credit card
- Wait for DAS to deliver your goodies a couple weeks later!
If you don’t want to order online or use your credit card, please contact DAS for other options!
Paint Nite/Design a Sign/Plant Nite
DAS has teamed up with YayMaker to provide you all with a super fun array of creative and social fundraising events! These can be Paint Nites (painting on canvas), Design a Sign (paint on a wooden sign), or Plant Nites (arrange a potted plant). We get to choose the type of event and the design we make!
We have TWO YayMaker events coming up in the next few months:
Design a Sign
- Event date & time: February 29, 2020 @ 6:30 pm
- Location: Sports on Tap
- Ticket price: $65 plus tax
- Minimum attendance: 25 tickets sold by February 15, 2020
- Event date & time: May 9, 2020 @ 6:30 pm (tentative)
- Location: TBD
- Ticket price: $60 plus tax
- Minimum attendance: 25 tickets sold by April 25, 2020
We get $15 per ticket sold, and these events typically can hold up to 50 guests. That’s a potential of $750 in fundraising per event! Plus we get a fun opportunity to go out and socialize together while engaging in a different type of creative activity.
Tickets can be purchased through us if you prefer not give your information online. Please contact DAS for more details!