All recent news related to DAS classes, schedules, workshops, etc. will be posted here. Feel free to leave comments on any of the posts if you have questions or concerns. Subscribe at the bottom of this page if you wish to receive email notifications of new posts!
It is finally time to get started on our next Season 6 (Sep ’22 – Jun ’23)!! This will be our first full season in our new home and we have a ton of great options for you! Here’s how you can get started:
- Visit >>OUR CLASSES<< to look at the >>WEEKLY SCHEDULE<<. This will give you an idea of what classes we’re offering this season. Make sure to check
out the classes available on Waitlist for this season as well!
- Visit >>CLASS DESCRIPTIONS<< to learn more about the classes that we are offering this season!
- Visit >>PREPARE FOR CLASS<< to help you know what to expect when coming to our classes at Dance Alive.
- Visit >>PRICING & PAYMENT<< to choose your registration option.
- After you’ve decided what you want, go on to >>REGISTRATION<< to fill out the online form! It will ask you what styles you’re interested in, and what your dance experience is. Our professional teaching team will let you know which levels will be appropriate for you to try once we review your registration!
The situation with respect to COVID-19 is constantly changing. The following studio policies and protocols are in effect as of JULY 1, 2022:
COVID-19 Management Protocols
- MASK USAGE IS NOW OPTIONAL in all areas of the studio. We will no longer be supplying paper masks at the front of the facility. If you have experienced symptoms, a positive test, or a close contact within the last 7 days, you may be asked to remain masked in the facility. Other than that, the decision to mask is entirely up to the individual client and teacher.
- DO NOT COME TO THE STUDIO FOR CLASS IF, WITHIN THE LAST 72 HOURS (3 DAYS):
- you have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, sniffles, sinus inflammation, cogestion, etc.) or any other communicable illness
- OR you have tested positive for COVID-19 on a rapid antigen test OR a PCR test
- OR you have been a close contact with another person who has tested positive for COVID-19 on a rapid antigen test OR a PCR test
- PLEASE CONTACT CAELIA VIA EMAIL, TEXT MESSAGE, SOCIAL MEDIA, OR BAND TO CONFIRM THE PROPER COURSE OF ACTION
Along with our Season 6 Regular Classes for adult dancers, we have a few special sessions for younger movers. Our DAS Stars class is BRAND NEW class offered for children to engage in safe and inclusive movement! Read more below:
DAS Stars is a movement class for kids aged 5-15 in FLS and similar programs. This class is designed to get kids of all abilities moving in a group setting, and will help with encouraging sharing, making choices, listen and responding, wait time, turn taking as well as building friendships in a fun and safe environment.Read More
We are very proud to bring you our 2nd ever DAS Showcase! Our Showcase events are intended to share more of our solo and small group pieces from throughout the year, and to help us get back in the dancing mood for the upcoming season! You can expect to see some group pieces that were performed in our June Show CATHARSIS, as well as some solo and duet works from our brand-new Path to Performance program. We are also introducing Works in Progress as an opportunity for our dancers to perform pieces that aren’t quite finished so they can gain audience feedback to help inform the creative process! This event is an interactive, informative experience where audience members are invited to ask questions and give feedback during the show. Join us for a pleasant evening visiting with the performers, sharing in their process, and checking out our registration options for the Fall! Read more for event details and ticket sales:Read More
We are excited to announce our very first Guest Workshop, REFRAME PAIN, created and delivered by Alternative Pain Management Coach, Stephanie Buckley! This workshop is focused around our relationship with pain in the body. Pain often leads us to become disconnected with our bodies. Come learn about pain science, mindset and tools on how to begin to reconnect with your body and ultimately with yourself. More details below!
|Date:||Tuesday, August 23|
|Time:||6:00 – 8:00 pm|
|Price:||$65 per person|
($60 for DAS Members!)
|Deadline||Saturday, August 20|
Along with our Season 6 Regular Classes for adult dancers, we have a few special sessions for younger movers. Our Tiny Dancer session has been held intermittently throughout our previous season, and we are currently taking interest for another session in Season 6. We have two levels:
- Level 0 – For ages 0-1; movement for adult guardians including their babies!
- Level 1/2 – For ages 1-3; movement for young ones exploring their balance, different surfaces, and play with friends!
Check out more details about schedule and pricing below:
It’s time for all the performers to get together and watch their beautiful pieces from our DAS Show 2022 on June 11! All performers of the show receive free admission, while guests must pay for entrance (discount for DAS Members!). Details below:
|Date:||Saturday, July 8|
|Time:||7:00 – 9:30 pm|
|Location:||The Studio! (#10-2404 Thayer Ave)|
|Ticket Price:||Performers – FREE!|
Guests (Members) – $10.00
Guests (Non-Members) – $15.00
Summer classes are here! We are excited to bring you 4 weeks of combined evening drop-in classes over July and August! These classes are a great way to try out something new to make decisions for the Fall, or to stay in shape and keep dancing throughout the summer. These classes are all Drop-In style for the summer to allow you the greatest flexibility to try out as many as you like and still enjoy the beautiful weather outside. See more details below!
We are SO EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE that we will be presenting our annual DAS Show 2022 CATHARSIS on Saturday, June 11 at St Joseph High School! Tickets are on sale now, make sure you get your spot!
The show this year will include group dances from our Adult Recreational dances in Ballet, Pointe, Jazz, Tap, Lyrical, Street, and Acro as well as debut pieces from our one-of-a-kind Path to Performance program, designed to help adult performers create their very own choreographed routines. Please join us in celebrating our many artists! Details below:Read More
Our official Recreational Group Class Photo Shoot Week is coming up from Tues May 24 – Fri May 27! This is our first time running our photo shoot in our new space, so please bear with us as we figure out the kinks.
All of the information needed for our dancers is available in the “June Performers” Band group. The link to our DAS Show 2022 Notion Homepage is pinned to the top of that group. That includes information on your hair, make-up, costuming, and schedule. Please contact us if you have any questions about that!
This notice contains information about ordering Group Class Photo Shoot pictures and booking Special Order Photo Shoots for solos, duets, small groups, etc. Please read below for details!Read More