The situation with respect to COVID-19 is constantly changing. The following studio policies and protocols are in effect as of JULY 1, 2022:
COVID-19 Management Protocols
- MASK USAGE IS NOW OPTIONAL in all areas of the studio. We will no longer be supplying paper masks at the front of the facility. If you have experienced symptoms, a positive test, or a close contact within the last 7 days, you may be asked to remain masked in the facility. Other than that, the decision to mask is entirely up to the individual client and teacher.
- DO NOT COME TO THE STUDIO FOR CLASS IF, WITHIN THE LAST 72 HOURS (3 DAYS):
- you have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, sniffles, sinus inflammation, cogestion, etc.) or any other communicable illness
- OR you have tested positive for COVID-19 on a rapid antigen test OR a PCR test
- OR you have been a close contact with another person who has tested positive for COVID-19 on a rapid antigen test OR a PCR test
- PLEASE CONTACT CAELIA VIA EMAIL, TEXT MESSAGE, SOCIAL MEDIA, OR BAND TO CONFIRM THE PROPER COURSE OF ACTION
- YOU MAY RETURN TO THE STUDIO, MASKED FOR 7 DAYS, ONCE:
- your symptoms are decreasing in intensity and illness seems to have passed
- OR you have tested negative for COVID (asymptomatic
- USE THE HAND SANITIZER available at the front as soon as you enter the building. Wash your hands thoroughly after using the bathrooms and feel free to use hand sanitizer frequently in the studios.
- MAINTAIN APPROPRIATE DISTANCE whenever possible. Try to spread out in common areas, move through doorways one at a time, and place your dance bag at least 2 metres apart from others. Respect everyone’s personal space and avoid crowding in smaller areas of the studio.
- We have CLASS SIZE LIMITS for Dance Alive classes – 15 people per class in the Green Room and 10 people per class in the Grey Area (could be less or more depending on specific classes and equipment usage). Because of our large spaces, these class sizes still give more than enough room for 2 metre spacing in the centre!
- Students are responsible for cleaning any equipment used during class (yoga mats, massage balls, etc.), and the studio will continue to be regularly disinfected between uses.
Studio Policy for Student Absence or Class Cancellations
It is understood now that missed/cancelled classes, either due to student illness, teacher illness, poor weather conditions, government shut downs, etc. are an expected and unavoidable risk of any planned activity. As such, Dance Alive Studios is asking that students commit to classes at our studio assuming and understanding the risk of missed or cancelled classes. As of July 1, 2022, DAS will not be responsible for providing a make-up class, a recorded video, or a financial credit/refund for any missed or cancelled classes.
This being said, it is important to us to do our best to support everyone who may need to miss class for reasons out of our control. We are willing to discuss class make-up options on a case-by-case basis, with students gaining access to other classes as a make-up, a possibly rescheduled class, or replacement offerings of online material and open studio time. We are working hard to provide continued value to our clients over and above the industry standard, so we are confident that you will find something to enjoy in lieu of a missed or cancelled class.
- STUDENTS, IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND CLASS: Please notify us as soon as possible via the Band app, preferably in the Band group for your class if you feel comfortable, or via direct message in Band to the class teacher.
- IF CLASS IS CANCELLED: We will notify you as soon as possible via Band (emails and texts will be sent as follow-up if a Band message isn’t received in time). Students will have access to our growing Emerald Membership Online Library, which can be accessed in times of class cancellations.
We will also be enforcing our 15-day cancellation policy for clients as is outlined in the Terms & Conditions upon Registration. Please see our Pricing & Payment page for more information.
Caelia and the Dance Alive team are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation in Saskatchewan and Canada. The safety of our staff and clients is of the utmost importance to us, as has always been the case since the conception of Dance Alive Studios. As we navigate the political climate, provincial legislation, climbing infection rates, and the ever-changing weather conditions in our province, we will are doing our best to choose the most respectful path that maximizes both safety and personal privacy. We want to do everything we can to keep the physical activity and artistic expression of dance accessible and enjoyable for everyone!
Thank you for working with us patiently and considerately throughout these interesting times. As always, feel free to contact us with any questions.