Dance Alive Studios is slowly building their online library to provide unlimited access to high-quality, at-home training! We currently have a few offerings listed below, but stay tuned as our library grows.
Online Material Disclaimer
Dancing at home through video instruction carries risk of injury and accident. Dancers choose to participate in remote training at their own risk. Please take a moment to read some tips on how to stay safe while practicing at home, available below.
All content of DAS videos is private intellectual property of Dance Alive Studios for which DAS holds copyright. Any distribution or public sharing of these videos is strictly prohibited.
*Coming Soon!* – DAS Members will have exclusive subscription access to a growing library of online content. Emerald Members have limited access, and Silver Members have full access. Visit our Membership page to learn more.
DAS offers 5 types of online materials for your at-home learning:
- Online Classes (OC) – These sessions are typically a single lesson for a particular class in our Recreational Program, which happens to be offered as a hybrid or with Zoom-only access due to environmental circumstances (lock downs, weather advisories, studio closures, etc.). Typically an hour in length, they will carry you through an introduction, warm-up, step-by-step instruction and cool down. These are included in Monthly Payment fees for current students and offered as a replacement when in-person classes aren’t feasible.
- Online Class Supplementals (OCS) – These are recorded lessons that are meant to supplement the regular Recreational Program. These videos are not offered live and are only 20-30 minutes with a focus on one or two important concepts for a class. A warm-up may be provided if necessary and relevant, but students should be prepared to perform their own warm-up and cool-down. These are included in Monthly Payment fees for current students and offered as a replacement when in-person classes aren’t feasible.
- Body Breaks (ByBk) – These are short 30 min recorded videos intended to give your body a little break from the day-to-day stresses we all experience! They can include release & activation techniques or more meditative restorative poses.
- Program Info Sessions (PIS) – These are 60-90 minute long sessions that introduce and describe one of our many in-person programs (Recreational, Path to Performance, Exam Training, and Embodiment). They are typically offered live as hybrid or Zoom-only sessions and recorded for later access. These sessions include an introduction to the program as well as valuable in-depth information that will help you on your journey.
- DAS Informal Lectures (DILs) – These sessions are 60-90 minutes long and are one-time lectures with slides delivered on topics that are inspired by our dance journey. They are often offered live as hybrid or Zoom-only sessions and recorded for later access. There is usually a workshop aspect to the DIL as well, depending on the topic, so be prepared to move and engage! Audio files and slide decks are offered as part of the purchase of one of these recordings.
- Entertainment Videos (Ent!) – Are you tired of learning and moving? Would you like to enjoy some performance and comedy? We have 3 full recorded performances available for purchase and plans for more entertainment coming soon (possibly live hybrid access). We are all artists and performers, and we love to share our work. Grab some snacks, get cozy, and let us entertain you for the evening!
We’d love to hear your thoughts and requests. If you have any concerns and questions, please contact us through the link below.