What better way to get ready for winter than to celebrate it with dance! We have a full day of festivities for you coming up on Saturday December 2 to enjoy all our community and our city has to offer for dance opportunities! We will have three events during the day:
- 12:00 – 1:00 pm — Dance Mastery Demo, Group 1: Introduction to Ballet Syllabus Training
- 1:30 – 2:30 pm — Dance Mastery Demo, Group 2: Allegro Intensive
- 3:00 – 5:00 pm — GLACIER GALA
Purchase tickets below or scroll down for more information!
Our DAS Winter Festival is a time to celebrate all the hard work we’ve completed and all the connections we’ve made in the first half of our season. There are two parts to this year’s DAS Winter Festival:
DANCE MASTERY DEMOS
Our Dance Mastery students have been working hard since August 2023 on their respective Ballet goals. This is a program that only runs for the second half of the year, and allows students to dive deeper into the technique, etiquette, and culture of their preferred dance styles. Our groups this year have both chosen to study different aspects of ballet training with the Royal Academy of Dance:
- Group 1: Introduction to Ballet Syllabus Training – Linda Bloem, Jacquie Gardiner, and Katlyn Thiessen have prepared select exercises from the RAD Intermediate Foundation level of the Vocational Syllabus and will be demonstrating the work in the style of a Mock Exam.
- Group 2: Allegro Intensive – Tara Akins and Tiffany Brychun have been training on Allegro work up to an RAD Intermediate level, with a strong focus on technical proficiency and free enchainement work. This means they will be demonstrating exercises that they are learning and performing in real time with minimal preparation, as free enchainements are delivered in a Ballet Exam.
Both of these groups have been training in a combination of semi-private sessions with Caelia and independent study with exercise videos, music, and notes. This demonstration is a window into the process of dance training and gives these dancers a way to show you all of the time and energy that goes into perfecting their craft. Because of their hard work, $10 from every ticket sold will be given back to the dancers (divided equally among them or you can indicate the dancer you wish to support) to go towards their continued training. You can learn more about our Dance Mastery Program here or you can contact us with questions!
We are excited to bring you this glitz & glam event to ring in the start of winter! We absolutely love celebrating with our community and fostering relationships in our community. This event has two parts:
- 3:00 – 4:00 pm — Arrive in your Winter Best formal attire to enjoy a coffee, have some treats, take some photos, and talk to the artists. We will have performers who are student dancers of DAS and professional artists in the city, as well as educators and other business owners with classes you can enjoy.
- 4:00 – 5:00 pm — Bring your cocoa with you and settle in for a show! This event will include performers with 2-3 minute prepared pieces, as well as demonstrations and promotions from local artists and educators. The MC will lead you through the experience with education and entertainment, so you will not only be able to appreciate an afternoon of dance, but also come away learning more about other opportunities for performance artists in our city!
If possible, we do ask that you bring separate shoes for the event so we can minimize outdoor shoe usage, but if it’s an outfit-must, we will help you clean them off once you arrive. We want everyone looking their best!
Event Pricing & Ticket Purchase
|DM Demo Group 1*:||$20 + GST & PST|
$10 for kids 12 & under!
|DM Demo Group 2*:||$20 + GST & PST|
$10 for kids 12 & under!
|Glacier Gala:||$25 + GST & PST|
$15 for kids 12 & under!
*$10 from each adult ticket goes to DM dancers
Anyone attending all day will be contacted with a lunch option. Tickets may be ordered through our DAS Store online (link below). You may pay online immediately with a credit card, send an e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org, or ask us to charge your credit card on file (for DAS students only). If you prefer to pay with cash or cheque, please select “Other Payment Method” and provide details when prompted
Donate to this Event!
Events like this provide additional support to our studio for monthly operating costs, and studio improvements like flooring and equipment for the dancers. We also use studio fundraising toward costume fees and performance expenses so we can continue offering a top-tier experience for our adult dancers unlike anything else available in the community. If you don’t want to attend our event but you’d like to support our activities in the community, or help contribute to the dancers’ fees directly, please follow the link below:
Want to Join as a Vendor?
We still have a few spots for Vendors this event throughout the day! There are lots of opportunities to set-up and take-down during the event, so you don’t need to stay all day. We would love to have you! Check out pricing for Vendors below
|Vendor Spot:||$20.00 + GST|
|Table & Chair Rental:||$15.00 + GST & PST|
Being a vendor at one of our events includes promotion on social media and advertising in -studio as well! We have a fantastic community that loves supporting local, so you’ll be connected to an amazing network of new patrons. We would love to have you!
We will be posting more information about this event on our Social Media pages, as well as announcements featuring the vendors who will be attending! If you have any questions about this event, please reach out to us in any of the following ways:
We can’t wait to see you in the studio! 🌿❄️